Visa / Invitation Letters

Visa Application

A valid passport and visa for visiting China is required in advance.

Upon receiving your registration information, the Congress Secretariat will send you an official invitation letter issued by the China Association for Science and technology.

Please apply for visa with the official invitation letter at the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate.

  • From May 20, 2012, the Congress Secretariat will fax or mail the Visa Invitation Form to the registered delegates.

Invitation letter

Useful info


Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner according to his identity, purpose of visit to China and passport type.

Visa F (business visa): Issued to an applicant who is invited to China on a visit, on a study or lecture, business tour, for scientific-technological and cultural exchanges, for short-term refresher course or for job-training, for a period of no more than six months. To apply for a Visa F, the invitation letter from the inviting unit or the visa notification letter/telegram from the authorized unit is required.

Visa L (tourist visa): Issued to aliens who come to China for sightseeing, visiting relatives or other private purposes. For a tourist applicant, in principle he shall evidence his financial capability of covering the travelling expenses in China, and when necessary, provide the air, train or ship tickets to the heading country/region after leaving China. For the applicants who come to China to visit relatives, some are required to provide invitation letters from their relatives in China.

To make your trip to China an easy and pleasant one, you are kindly advised to consult the local Chinese Embassies or Consulates-General first for travel information. They will readily help you go through the necessary procedures.

Necessary materials to apply for Chinese visa:

(1) A passport which has a valid period of no less than six months following the date of submission, and the blank visa page;
(2) One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant;

(3) One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted);

(4) Other related application materials according to different purposes for your trip to China;

(5) Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer;
(6) Collecting the visa, the applicant shall pay the visa fee and the special rush or rush service charges (if chosen).

For more information, please go to the official website of  Foreign Affairs Ministry of China.